Skip to main content

Turkish Tea Time Lesson 83

I like to practice listening to Turkish.  I listen and take notes from the podcast episodes until I can use all of the new words. Lesson 83 "I might not make it" teaches how to schedule a meeting in Turkish. Here are my grammar notes:


Akşama olur mu?
Yarına olur mu?
Haftaya olur mu?
Gelecek aya olur mu?
How about tonight?
How about tomorrow?
How about next week?
How about next month?

Pazartesiye kadar.
Salıye kadar.
Çarşambaya kadar.
Perşembeye kadar.
Cumaya kadar.
Cumartesiye kadar.
Pazarya kadar.
Until Monday.
Until Tuesday.
Until Wednesday.
Until Thursday.
Until Friday.
Until Saturday.
Until Sunday.

Pazartesi olsun?
Salı olsun?
Çarşamba olsun?
Perşembe olsun?
Cuma olsun?  
Cumartesi olsun?  
Pazar olsun?
May it be Monday?
May it be Tuesday?
May it be Wednesday?
May it be Thursday?
May it be Friday?
May it be Saturday?
May it be Sunday?
Ne zaman buluşabiliriz?
Yarin müsait misin?
Başka bir yerde buluşabiliriz?

When can/might we meet?
Are you free tomorrow?
Can we meet somewhere else?
Geliyorum.
Gelemem.
Gelebilirim.
Gelemeyebilirim.
I am coming.
I can't come.
I can/might come.
I might not be able to come.

Yarın yapamam.
Bütün dersim var.
Sonra çok az vaktim olacak.
Tomorrow I cannot.
I have class all day.
Then I will have very little time.

Yetiştirebilirim.
Yetişiremeyebilirim.

I can finish it.
I might not be able to finish it.
Aslında…
Ancak…
Yani…
Actually…
After that point…
So…