Skip to main content

Nellie McKay: If I had you


Listen to Nellie Mckay sing "If I had you" to practice wishes and hypotheses in English. My Turkish students learn new English vocabulary:
  • glad = mutlu
  • pal = dost
  • never mind = boşver
  • mighty = kudretli
  • humble = alçakgönüllü
  • uncrowned = taçsız
  • renowned = ünlü
Listen to the song and fill in the blanks with these verbs:
  • be
  • do
  • have
  • climb
  • could
  • cross
  • leave
  • sail
  • show
  • start
  • turn

3:24 ♫ I __________ __________ the world how to smile, ♫
3:29 ♫ I __________ __________ glad all of the while. ♫
3:39 ♫ I __________ __________ the gray skies to blue, if I had you. ♫
3:52 ♫ I __________ __________ the old days behind, ♫
3:58 ♫ __________ all my pals, I__________  never mind. ♫
4:08 ♫ I __________ __________ my life all anew, if I __________ you. ♫
4:21 ♫ I __________ __________ the snow-capped mountains, ♫
4:28 ♫ __________ the mighty ocean wide. ♫
4:37 ♫ I __________ __________ the burning desert, if I __________ you by my side. ♫
4:50 ♫ I __________ __________ a king, dear, uncrowned, humble or poor, rich or renowned. ♫
5:06 ♫ There __________ nothing I __________ __________ __________ , if I __________ you. ♫
5:24 Thank you. Well, thank you so much.