Skip to main content

Jill Sobule: Global warming's theme song, "Manhattan in January"


Listen to Jill Sobule's Global warming's theme song, "Manhattan in January" and fill in the blanks with the nouns below. This is a great conversation starter about global warming. I ask my Turkish students in Istanbul how climate change may affect Istanbul and Turkey.



bloom
bring
daisies
everyone
flies
friends
Frisbees
halter
January
lovers
palm tree
park
picnics
preacher
scientists
skaters
spray
sunbathers
winter

0:20  Strolling along in Central _________
0:24  _________'s out today  
0:29  The _________and dogwoods are all in _________
0:33  Oh, what a glorious day  
0:37  For _________and _________and roller _________,  
0:42  _________and _________and lonely _________
0:47  _________'s out in merry Manhattan in _________
0:55 (Laughter) (Applause)
1:03  I _________the iced tea;  
1:05  Did you _________the bug _________?  
1:07  The _________are the size of your head  
1:11  Next to the _________,  
1:14  Did you see the 'gators  
1:16  Looking happy and well fed?  
1:20  _________'s out in merry Manhattan in _________
1:31 (Whistling)
1:37 _________!
1:39 (Whistling) (Laughter)
1:50  My _________said,  
1:53  Don't you worry  
1:55  The _________have it all wrong  
1:59  And so, who cares it's _________here?  
2:03  And I have my _________-top on  
2:07  I have my _________-top on  
2:12  _________'s out in merry Manhattan in _________.