Skip to main content

Pacifica Quartet

Listen to the classical music of the Pacifica Quartet's Tiny Desk Concert on NPR: http://www.npr.org/event/music/340684297/pacifica-quartet-tiny-desk-concert?

My student C. describes the music as part of an English writing assignment:
The Quartet that I listened was felt myself in a thrilller film. It was sarcastic and dark. I am not a fan of classical music but the quartet succeed to pull me into his world
Can you find the mistakes? Write the corrections in the comments. Hints:
  • active vs. passive voice
  • reflexive verb
  • present vs. past tense
  • pronouns
  • verbs followed by -ing clauses
What adjectives does NPR use to describe the Shostakovich quartets?
brilliant
cataclysmic
crepuscular
dark
eerie
flashy
hair-raising
intense
intense
introspective
jaunty
light
nuanced
page-turning
piercing
powerful
sarcastic
sinister
slightly more pleasant
sober
transparent
twitchy
violent
witty