Skip to main content

English speaking lessons for medical conferences

My student A. takes speaking English lessons to prepare for formal and social conversations at an annual meeting of orthopaedic surgeons in New Orleans in March 2014. 

to schedule
The patient would like to schedule an appointment.
The doctor would like to set the date of the surgery.
How is your schedule for Friday?
How many patients do you have today on your schedule?

to examine
The surgeon examines the patient.
She examines the patient's knee.
The doctor gives the patient a health examination.
The examination room is on the first floor.

to operate on
The surgical team does each operation together.
The surgeon operates on the hip.
My mother got a knee operation.

to charge
How much does the hospital charge for hip surgery?
The bank charges interest on loans.
There's no charge because lunch is on me.

to get
I get a lot of happiness out of cycling.
Could you get his attention?
My boss got married to his wife in Istanbul.
I got divorced from my wife one year ago.
My friend pressures me to get salsa lessons.
Let's get out of here.
Let's get New Orleans jambalaya.
Could we get the receipt please?

to reserve
My friend reserved the hotel.
We make restaurant reservations.

to pay
My colleague pays for travel expenses.
We keep track of our expenses.
We will keep a record of our expenses in New Orleans.  After we return to Istanbul, we will calculate our expenses and split the savings equally.
The concert tickets are out of my budget.
The trip is in my budget.
The ticket only costs 10 TL.

Live a little!
Come to the block party tonight!